Thursday, November 30, 2006

Indiana 1976 championship ring for sale on eBay

AP Wire:
"A ring commemorating Indiana's 1976 NCAA basketball championship is being auctioned on eBay.

The seller has remained anonymous but says the ring belonged to the late Harold Andreas, who was one of Bob Knight's assistants in 1976, the last time a Division I team finished unbeaten.

The bidding, which ends Sunday, started at $2,500 on Nov. 23 and was up to $33,300 by Thursday afternoon.

'I am the only person who has owned it besides Harold,' the seller told The Herald-Times in an e-mail exchange.

'Yes, the ring has sentimental value to me because of my relationship to Harold Andreas,' he wrote. 'However, with this being the 30th anniversary of that perfect season, as well as the season in which Knight will no doubt eclipse Dean Smith's record (for career coaching wins), I figured I had to put the ring out there to see what it would command.'"

No comments:

Sale of 26 Marsh stores approved by bankruptcy court, remaining 18 stores to close

From Fox59 On Tuesday, FOX59 learned two companies won the bidding war: Topvalco and Generative Growth II. Topvalco is a Kroger subsidiary...